Monday, December 24, 2012

A Little Thank You



What a crazy few months this has been!  The trip to Washington DC, with everyone's birthday seem to be falling in the last 3 months of the year, getting ready for the holidays and marching through the routines of regular life, it's amazing that we get anything done at all.  I finally had a day off- really OFF.  And I spent most of it in my pajamas , catching up some programs I Tivo'ed (it's  a vowel now.) and perusing through email.  I realized it's been a while since I posted anything.  I have so many projects I've been working on so I will now take some time to post them.                                 This was a thank you project I case'd from Shelly Gardner here http://soshelli.com/so-shelli-blog/2012/11/13/ending-with-a-bang-1.html.  I used Early Expresso CS as base instead and die cut it using the fancy favor box die- my favorite and put the cardstock to just below the top fancy edge to make a straight edge.    I used Candlelight DSP to accent the mug and used Scentsational Bundle to stamp and diecut the mug in real red.  Stamped the steam in Expresso and then white  (people commented how clever this was but actually I did the steam in expresso first but it was hard to see so I did it again in white and I like the effect so I did the rest of them the same way- see? not a mistake.  Just an opportunity to be creative!  Hee hee)   Circle punched the handle by using scraps of Expresso CS - first with 1 3/4 inch circle then used the 2 1/2 inch circle punch to cut the outside handle, (you're only going to use just more than the 1/2 circle.  Fold it to make a semi-circle handle and cut it off about 1/2 inch beyond. I used glue dots to attach the handles as it seemed most sturdy.
I diecut another DSP in the same set with Window Frames framelets, folded it in half to make a bag topper.  Stamped the smallest snowflake from Snowflake Soiree with white EP on Expresso CS and put a little gem in the center.  Filled the bag with marshmallows, candy cane and a packet of cocoa from Starbucks.  It comes in a multipak that made it easy to make these.  I just added 1-2 per and it made such a cute little mug gift.

Enjoy!

Lynda

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Omg this is so cute .. I love it

Unknown said...

Omg this is so cute .. I love it