Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Let's go shopping Bookstore cafe



I love all things house and home- when I saw this stampset I knew I wanted to get it - it is a lot of details but this set was pretty easy to use.  The base building was stamped and die cut - I used clear shipping tape to put the opening dies and the building dies together so I can cut it out in one move since I was cutting out so many-

I used some strips of paper to stamp the lamps and the books and I cut the books image up to put behind each window opening on the second floor.

Stamp the sign and the pot of plant and diecut out

I used the matching DSP with the pavement image for the sidewalk for the double decker building.  in my card there is some sky with blue colored in with blending brush before I mounted the store.

the mini catalog for the fall 2023 called shop the town and you know I will be getting that too
































I always like to make a simple version of the cards for my class to show you don't need a whole lot to make a lovely card- when the matching DSP was on sale I did buy the pack and used it to make this simple card below- although I did use the sentiment from the stampset - but if you have some sentiment that will work - which I am sure you do- use what you have already.
the paper had whole buildings and some were cut off- I used the second story from a cut off section and put it onto the the first floor and it worked just fine- I just wanted to use the paper to its fullest potential.  I did popup the building and the bush on the left to add some interest.   SO CUTE!










 

No comments: