Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Give it a whirl- Oh Snap

When I saw this crocodile set I could not help myself but to get it- it just makes me smile- his funny face-  it is now retired but we made a card like this in one of our classes this spring before it retired but when I saw the Give it a whirl die i knew I wanted to make it with the creatures in his mouth.

The basecard is white thick. diecut the wheel in thick white CS as well and stamp the animals and sentiments (are inbetween the animals)  on the wheel.  I auditioned the crocodile to see where he would best fit with the circle window - that is the beauty of the stampin up die that you can really  adjust it put it where you need it. Super brilliant whoever came up with the design.  The front rectangle piece was coloed using the faux torn paper technique- tear a piece of paper and use it on either side and used blender pen and balmy blue to create the water then added the waves with black and same with flowers. Colored in flowers using Poppy parade.

stamp the crocodile on a scrap piece of paper, color in with granny apple green light and dark stampin blends and cut it out and mount with dimensionals- the upper mouth/ snout covers the brad. Make usre you mount the crocodile in a way the dimensionals do not cover the round opening otherwise the mechanism does not work- ask me how I know....

Another thing - when you stamp the animals in the circle, you have to make sure the direction of the animals. the first time I did this I stamped the animals using the circle template that I made and the animals were all in the wrong direction so I had to turn the wheel around and do it again on the back- i do this a lot!

I just whipped this out in no time at all- so easy with this die!


 

No comments: