Monday, January 31, 2011

Bun in the Oven


I was at a local scrapbook store and found this oven stamp from Art Gone W*ld and thought it would be perfect for a someone who is expecting a baby- unfortunately they did not have the coordinating oven mitt and content inside stampset so I had to make do. I used base whisper white CS and used real red . I stamped the oven on the red and then cut what would be the inside to make a recessed window- see technique here http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/recessedwindow/ I then took a basic grey cardstock and drew in the back of the oven and the racks using a black pen and mounted the bread (from comfort food set- SU retired) I stamped on white cardstock and colored in and mounted with dimensionals. I stamped another oven in white, cut out the oven door- around the top and sides and scored the bottom to allow it to open and mounted it on the red CS. I did stamp the oven mitt and colored it in but should have put the hanging tab on the left instead of center but oh well- too late. I then hand wrote the sentiment and pierced the margins to add a little more interest.



Inside is a sentiment from Occasional Quotes(hostess set) and a gift card. I stamped a few images from Clear Art st*mp company to add some baking accoutrements and voila! a fun little play on word card for someone expecting.
Lynda

No comments: