Friday, January 25, 2013
Thursday, January 24, 2013
I changed up the color and added the sentiment and the hears but I think it is sweet. Take a white cardstock, slight smaller than the base card. Diecut the large oval as shown using the Oval framelets. Emboss with the Needlepoint border embossing folder as shown. Stamp the waves on the base cardstock with pool party -using stamp off technique to get various shades. I used a post it on the right side to make sure it was not going to show when the top cardstock was mounted. Stamp the whale and diecut with the Happy Whale clearlit. Stamp the sentiment and the hearts with pool party and mount using dimensionals. Mount the whale and add the tiniest pearl for the eye. Easy peasy card. Credits to Stampin Up for posting such a cute card and credits to original creator!
Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Monday, January 21, 2013
For some reason I have been gravitating toward Pool party these last few months. I don't know what I am going to do when it and Lucky Limeade retires this summer. Anyhow, I took a white CS and embossed it with cloudy days folder and then layered the Sycamore street DSP from Sale-a-bration (which you can earn for free for any $50 purchase- starts Jan 22, 2013) I took the color lead from the DSP and tried the raspberry and the other colors but tangerine tango just was the thing- gave a just the right bit of cheeriness the card needed. Stamp the umbrella in tangerine tango and the stem with crumbcake (tried black and grey and chocolate and they were all too dark and did not look right) and the sentiment in island indigo. Layered the whole thing in tangerine and a simple card that did not need to have the umbrella cut out! Looooove It!
Sunday, January 20, 2013
Saturday, January 19, 2013
I do have a thing for mannequin dies and stamps. When I saw this die I really liked it and the sweet heart neck line dress die. Not so sure about the stampset but as a bundle it was too good a deal to pass up so I bought the bundle anyway. I love the die but I wanted a longer dress with a wedding dress /victorian dress feel so I diecut the dress in vanilla and then the bottom layer a bunch more times to the desired length, embossed the whole thing all at once with the lacy brocade embossing folder (although I did fussy emboss the bodice part to mimic a collar). I diecut the mannequin just waist up since it was going to be hidden anyway in expresso.
I put a small piece of 1/8 inch taffeta ribbon in vanilla and then added a piece of 5/8 inch vanilla flower trim and small pearl trim on the mannequin neck.