Tuesday, January 24, 2012

My First Leadship Experience

At my first Stampin Up convention umteen years ago I wanted to get a picture with Shelly Gardener the cofounder but the lines were an hour and a half long with all the hundreds of women who wanted the same. So I gave up and went to the bathroom and who came up behind me? Shelly! I was so excited I had someone take a picture of the two of us on my 24 picture instamatic- remember those before we went digital?- and Shelly told me that this was the first time she had been asked to get a picture taken in the bathroom. Well the sad story is that it was the 25th picture on my roll, and it never came out. I was hearbroken. But at the more sedate leadership meeting I ran into Shelly and I told her the story and how I had to have another. She then tells me she has had a few more incidents like that in the bathroom since. She was so incredibly sweet. Can you believe that she is over 50? Just beautiful inside and out, I tell you.

But Leadership was more than that for me. It was about stamping, swapping, learning about new items, give-a ways but it was really more about relationship and friends.


Mercedes and I got to room and hang out together and when she went up to Shelly, she remembered her and her beautiful cards that Mercedes had won. I feel honored to have such wonderful and talented person to call my friend.



We saw wonderful samples and creative ideas like this bracelet made of our buttons!
We saw demonstrations on stage and news about things happening at Stampin Up and ALL GOOD!
This was one of our make and takes using the Send Me Soaring set from the occasion mini. The polka dot kite was stamped then punched out with the heart punch. Darling!
My upline Tami treated her downlines to a dinner on the riverwalk where Shelly was dining with her family just outside the glass window at the same time. Such amazing talented women!
Tami is sitting, second from the left and Liz Price - our own amazing Artisan of the Year - on the far right. And my sweet friend Dena Rekow standing far right- she moved to Iowa and I was so happy to see her again!
They had some really fun stage action, dancing, harleys, and amazing demos. The theme was MY WAY- that you need to make this the way you want to make it work for you.
I was so inspired that I set a goal to go to Leadership every year if I can. It was the most amazing 3 days of my stamping life and I can't wait until next year to do it again!
Maybe some of you will join me!
Lynda

No comments: