Monday, November 19, 2012

Believe in Santa



This was a really simple Santa Suit idea I cased from Louise Del Vecchio from Stampin Connections, a demo only site.  Super simple and so much fun.    Take a base Real Red cardstock. Stamp Believe from Snowflake Serenade with versamark and emboss with Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder to add a subtle sentiment with just the right amount of sparkle.  Punch 2 scallop circles (1 1/4 inch in the holiday catalogue)  with whisper white CS and mount with dimensionals.  Someone suggested cotton balls but I think a powder puff or pom pom would also work well here.   For the belt I took a 7/8 inch square punch (not SU- but 1" square works too) using Brushed Gold CS then I used Curly Label punch to make the buckle.  I used a 7/8 inch strip of basic black card stock and just laid the Gold buckle on top. 
It would be a really fun and easy project for kids even.
Enjoy!

Lynda 

1 comment:

Louise M. Del Vecchio said...

Hi Lynda! This is Louise! Thanks for giving me credit for my card on Stampin' Connection! Just wanted to let you know that I didn't even bother punching a square hole in the buckle piece: I simply cut another piece of Basic Black c/s, lined it up with the BB belt, and SNAIL'ed it onto the Brushed Gold (Curly Label Punch) buckle. The Scallop Square punch makes a nice buckle too. Also, if you wanted to make a Mrs. Santa card, use the new glimmer paper for the buckle! Makes it nice and sparkly! Merry Christmas! All the best,