Thursday, August 27, 2015

Halloween Witch's hat kit and all the extras


 I saw the sample of this hat at convention and knew I wanted to use it to display during the holidays.  It's good size and really cute.  What surprised me when I got the kit was how easy it was to put together and how much extra supplies you got.
It came with everything you needed and I think it took less than an hour to put together.  I did not have the leaf stamp so I originally put it together plain which was still really cute after I sponged the leaf edges with soft suede ink.  But stamping with the leaf stamp does add an additional detail.   Love the bell at the tip.  The hardest part was crinkling the hat body to make the curve with the body of the hat. I think it's super Cute!
 The base has this subtle embossed spider web which is really great and it is really sturdy.
I did use all the fringe to make it full but only used one of each leaves and they give you three packs of each leaves in all the different colors.  I have so many leaves left over that I am planning a leaf banner.
I used cajon craze to stamp the leaves on the different diecut cardstocks or soft suede depending on the cardstock color.
This is one of the cards I made using the extra supplies.  The bats and spider web was stamped n black on Old Olive cardstock. The diecuts are already cut so nothing else to do. Spiderweb doily was left over too as was the 31.  I did stamp the raven on a different cardstock left over and embossed it in black embossing powder and used dimensionals to make it pop although I did not cut out the claws of the feet.
I probably have enough supplies to make another 10 more cards at least.  What a deal!

No comments: