Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Climbing Orchid


 I have a whole bunch of orchids at my home and of course I had to have this set.  I've been playing with it but wanted the look of the whole plant not just the flowers hanging so this is what I made.

The basecard is melon mambo with a layer of whispet white.  I took some pear pizazz cardstock and cut out some ovals using the layering framelets.  Folded 2 (different sizes)  of the leaves a little off center to give the impression of the leaves.  The largest oval I diecut then used scissors to cut a margin of oval to make the stems.
Thinking of you is stamped with versamarker and heat embossed using white embossing powder.
It's sort of how I imagined the card.  Slightly smaller flowers or graduated flowers with a stem and leaves die would have been fantastic but not bad, eh?

No comments: