Saturday, August 14, 2021

Artistically Inked Die

I always like to thank my customers who purchase from me and I make a thank you card regularly.

But it is sometimes hard to make a really complicated card for a lot of people so for this purpose I try to keep the card pretty clean and simple.  This was one of those cards I made using the Artistic Die in white.  Base Card is of course thick cardstock with a layer of designer paper  I had that had some watercolor effect but any interesting DSP will do- it would work best with a paper with color without a lot of design in it - I don't want to distract from the clean design of the diecut.  stamped Hello in Bermuda Bay onto a strip of cardstock - punched with my favorite punch Banners pick a punch that punches out the perfect banner corner mounted with dimensionals.  I like sequins and wanted them in colors to match and I unfortunately did not have the Artistry Blooms Adhesive backed sequins yet (it comes in 4 different colors including coastal cabana which would have been perfect) so I did the next best thing- I used sequins from peaceful moments and snowflakes sequins that I had (retired) and used the Bermuda bay stampin blends to color it in and it worked beautifully!

One of the things I do is buy ribbons and embellishments more in white so I can color it in since Stampin' Blends will color just about anything even with slick surfaces like the sequins to match any Stampin' Up color it comes in!
 

No comments: