Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Give it a Whirl - Rainbow popout



 I am so in love with Stampin' Up's give it a Whirl die , I can't stand it!  I have made these cards before using templates and even bought some dies from other companies but this is the easiest of the dies to use and it is so super fast and easy.  So many variations you can make with the coordinating window shapes -  Stampin' Up has really done it - made the ultimate reveal wheel card 

The secret to making this card is having another circle diecut which was cut as shown at the end of the rainbow and across the lower part of the rainbow but just half way- see the inked line.  it is then attached only on the bottom half to the larger scalloped wheel so the top is free and unattached.
The front of the card should be stamped however you wish. I used the Basic Borders diecut to cut a cloud and used that to create clouds with Balmy Blue ink and blending brushes.  I stamped the sunshine from Sharing sunshine set in Daffodil Delight and the sentiment from the After the Storm set in black.

I put the wheel where it was supposed to go and  I cut a slit where I wanted the rainbow to come out on the front rectangular piece.

It is easier if you put the brad in to know where the wheel goes then put a mark where the rainbow should come out  then cut the slit *make sure not 

to go all the way to the brad. 

I then had the rainbow slide in as shown.

This is what it looks like in the back.

the front piece is on the bottom with the rainbow circle in between and the scalloped circle wheel on top.  I put a bunch of dimensionals to pop it up then attached it to the Bermuda Bay basecard.

I like to have the wheel unencumbered when I spin so I cut the base card where the wheel is with the matching circle die.


I added some clouds on dimensionals so it would hide the slit - make sure you place the dimensionals  so that the rainbow would slide out from behind the cloud, without getting caught.

This is the rainbow coming out halfway.
the clous on the left is on 2 stacked dimensionals to give ample room for the rainbow to pop out. it also hides the brad- you can see here in orange color (I was using one of the old retired SU brads to demo)

I put a sunshine at the end- from the sheep die from Sale-a bration.  The cloud on the right side is also popped up from dimensionals and it works as a stop.


Is this not the cutest card?

I keep collecing all things sunshine- I bought the After the storm set just for the sentiment - I am also looking at the Celebrate with Flowers set becuase it has a vertical happy birthday sentiment and one that says "May your day be filled with 

Sunshine"  - can't wait to make more of these- It would really make someone's day!

One of these days I will figure out how to make a you-tube video to should you how to do it- it is easier to show you than to describe it.....

Enjoy!






 

4 comments:

jhfbutt said...

Super website with a great sharing and amazing stories is ur web.. please keep doing what u do now.. thanks to you. personal-injury-attorney

jhfbutt said...

Thanks for the informative and helpful post, obviously in your blog everything is good.
Gisinsulation

Genuine Shopping Store said...

I would like to say that this blog really convinced me, you give me best information! Thanks, very good post. Please Visit

Aspire Leather said...

t's such an amazing article i really love this one because it's pretty interesting like Replica Jackets on Aspire Leather