Saturday, October 7, 2023

Pick of the Patch and Abundant Beauty Stencil for Embossing


How fun is this card? When I saw the new holiday catalog this was on the first order. Love the little crow.
Base card is Calypso Coral with a layer of Old Olive and basic black embossed with the Abundant beauty stencil. I stamped the sentiment after since I changed my mind about stamping it on the side of the white panel but it still worked fine thankfully.
stamp the 3 pumpkins with calypso coral on a scrap piece of white cardstock and the leaves in Old Olive- punch out the leaf, stem and the 2 pumpkins using the Pick of the patch punch. fussy cut the last small pumkin- I stamped the crow on it before i cut it out so it was just one piece.  stamp the vines and cut it out and you are read to put it together.
I had actually stamped the pumpkins on the white cardstock so I could figure out where I wanted to place the punched out pieces but I made this one without doing any punching at all. - I used masking to stamp the stem and the leaves and vines where I wanted it. so more of a one layer card- sorta.  this is how I visualized the card when I was first coming up with the idea.
This is a total case from Dena Rekow- she was doing unconventional colors and I loved her card- I did tweak it with a strip of DSP on the left but it is really straight from her. 
Calypso coral, Fresh Freesia, Petal Pink and pumpkin Pie- who would have imagined a purple pumpkin!

This is what the embossed cardstock look like.  I used the embossing rubber in my diecutting machine with the stencil to make the embossed cardstock.  I did use a little white  pigment pad to rub my fingers over the raised area in the black leaves embossed to make it pop a little- shown below.  The current stampin' Cut and Emboss machine does not come with the rubber embossing mat but you can buy it on line- spellbinders have a 2 pack for way under $10 

This was the houndstooth pattern but someone suggested it looks like bats and I have to agree!
There are multiple stencils: houndstooth, autumn leaves, snowflakes as well as the multiple layering stencils for the flowers so the stencil set is definitely a bargain.
 

No comments: