Friday, March 22, 2024

Free Play Friday- Persimmon Thank you

 

I have a large collection of Asian Stamps I have collected over many years and in the past, I have not been very fastidious about keeping track of whose company it came from to give credit and many wooden blocks were unmounted to make room so I apologize to whose ever stamp design this is. I love persimmon and I have a persimmon tree which has not been able to fruit in all the years i have had it but I have many friends who have been blessing me with this wonderful fruit whenever it is in season and I wanted to thank them for their generosity.  

One of my patients brought me back a frame with a Korean folk scene inside which was cool but what I really loved was the wrapping paper it came in- like my kids who loved playing in the boxes that the presents came in rather than the presents themselves?

Anyhow someone else gave me a roll of this paper with a bunch of Korean writing on it so I used it as the background for this card to add interest but the print was too large and dark so I put a piece of vellum to soften it up and I liked how it turned out.

Very Vanilla thick cardstock base with a layer of Stampin' Up Calypso Coral- then the layer of the wrapping paper and a vellum on top. Then the center image stamped in a piece of scrap Vanilla with another layer of Calypso Coral. COlor in the persimmon with pumpkin pie and Old olive Stampin' Blends.

1 comment:

Aviator said...

I'm thankful for the sense of community your blog has fostered among its readership. Become a part of the Aviator gaming community through our blog.