Friday, March 6, 2009

Branching Out


My sister had this SU set Branch out and since I did not have it I stamped a bunch of cardstock with it with the intention to make some cards for her. Although it is a very sweet set, all the images I stamped look really lonely. I love that little bird and the tire swinging- This is the perfect situation for using the stamp positioner if you want the placement perfect. The image is stamped in basic black, distressed and mounted on distressed mellow moss and then onto elegant eggplant-although it kinda looks black here-mellow moss and eggplant- another of my favorite color combos- FYI- vanilla tends to be a better neutral for this combo.

The words are from So Many Sayings set- now retired- it was a set of three sort of like the Many Happy Returns set in the current catalogue - all sliced apart so I ended up with a gazillion sayings-it was stamped in white craft then heat embossed with white EP. But the card stilll looked like it was missing something so I punched a 1/8 hole and tied a eggplant 1/4 inch grosgrain. It feels like it's still missing something but I guess that is the whole point, isn't it?

No comments: