Friday, October 2, 2009

Ornament Punch Fun


I have been playing the the new ornament punch from Stampin' Up and have been sketching ideas for a while but have not had a chance to show you so here is some of the things I have been doing with it.
Upside down it looks like fat candle lights- so I used markers- apricot, orange, and red in the center on yoyo yellow. I used sahara sand and punched out the oozing wax using the bloody punch from MS from a local M's and raised it up with some dimensionals and put it on a red CS with All Holiday sentiment stamped with white craft and embossed clear. Mount the whole thing on white CS and a simple Holiday card.
I also thought it looked like an acorn so I punched 2 - one from chocolate chip and another from close to cocoa and cut the chocolate chip one to make a cap. I textured the choc chip one with perfect details Texturz plate and used shimmer paint to highllight the cap detail and the acorn part too. I sponged oak leaf from the Autumn Splendor set directly onto the stamp with rust, olive and mustard and choc chip ink to get a multicolored leaf. Stamped the sentiment with chocolate chip from Grateful Greetings set onto the vanilla cardstock, mount the whole thing onto chocolate chip CS.


Tyler was playing with some of my punched images and he thought it looked like a fish so we made a sparkly fish out of it. This was a card I had left over form another project with the opening diecut with a square Spellb*nders die. He stamped the rest from an old retired SU fishin stamps and sentiment from another company-- name unknown. It looks like one of those rainbow fishes - although hard to see here.
I also made a stingray, noah's arc, a cute doll head, vase and cinderella's carriage- I will post them as soon as I make the samples but the shape of this is so much fun, I can't wait to see what other people come up with! ( yes yes I should not end the sentence with a preposition but this is the way I talk not my resume, so there!)
Lynda

No comments: