Friday, December 3, 2010

It's almost snowing!


This is another card we made at my last workshop from a card I recalled seeing somewhere. This is how I made it - It looks tricky but it isn't. The base card is bliss blue . Emboss the sentiment from Four the Holidays with white embossing powder. Die cut the snowflakes using the shimmer white CS with the new northern frost decorative strip using the big shot.
Take a 1/2 sheet of vellum paper and fold and emboss the polka dot folder onto one side . Now I taped the back side near the fold to the back side of the blue cardstock so that the tape would not show on the front. Then I tore the vellum sheet to show the words and then taped the vellum where the snowflakes would be stuck on so the tape would be minimally visible. Then I stuck on the snowflakes. I guess I could have used


a dimensional adhesive but the parts were so delicate it was sort of hard to do. A lot of chads with the snowflakes but oh so pretty!
Falalalalaaaalalalala!
I love December! My favorite month of the year! Here is counting down to Christmas!
Lynda