Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Workshop Holiday Bells and Boughs


I love this set- can you tell? I love the old fashioned look about it but it is still clean and modern. Best of both worlds. This is a case from Iliana Crouse that I used for my workshop which looks complicated but it isn't. It's also pretty easy to mass produce for the holidays. I took Always artichoke CS Base, added a layer of cherry cobbler and then a layer of Deck the Halls DSP. The DSP was cut 4x 5 1/4 so I could get 6 pieces out of the 12x12. I did cut from the edge so that every card would have the border white design going around which I thought was so pretty. Then I stamped the image in stazon black and used watercolor crayon directly on paper then used the aqua pens to dilute it out some and make it a little soft watercolored look and easy peasy image. Layered that on artichoke CS then on cherry. I then ran multimono in a thin layer around the edge of the cherry after it was all mounted, then a sprinkle of champagne glass glitter. Let it dry and it will not fall off mind you!
I then took 1/2 seam binding ribbon in cherry cobbler, made a bow using 2 rabbit earys tied together and then stuck it on with a little glue dot and it was the easiest card of the 4 that we made.
Enjoy! and Happy December
Lynda

No comments: