Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easter Blossoms silhouette



I was not sure how I liked this girl from this set- the silhouette is pretty but I wasn't sure how I wanted to use her. A simple monochromatic approach seemed best but I didn't want anything with too sharp a contrast and crumb cake on vanilla seemed to suit my taste. Then I saw the CC319 challenge on SCS- Concord Ivory Cake- pair it up with concord? I had not thought of that one- I was working on the CAS 115 challenge on a real simple cardsketch that I loved with the button and tucked under ribbon detail so I just combined the two and whipped this up.


Base card is concord crush, with crumbcake embossed with the polka dot on top and square lattice on the bottom to give 2 different textures, added the crumbcake seam binding ribbon with the fold detail that I wanted to use. Die cut Frame, oval scallop with very vanilly CS and just use the oval - stamped the silhouette in crumbcake and sentiment in concord. Stamped the egg with concord on vanilla CS and cut it out and attached with a dimensional and literally a 10 minute card from thought to picture!


Lynda


No comments: