Sunday, April 3, 2011

Easter Blossoms with an Asian twist


I tried to resist it- I really did. I looked at it and really loved parts of this stamp set but was not sure about others and thought I would do without it but it kept calling to me and calling to me and I finally gave in. I am sure many of you know that feeling. I thought the branch would lend itself to a lovely Asian background and thought it would make for a nice arrangement.


The base is bridal bliss CS with a layer of basic black on top of that. I used architectural accent #2 from Sizzix to diecut the corner pieces from the black CS before I mounted it on- waste not want not!- then added a layer of crumbcake embossed with square lattice.


I inked the branches using a small stampin spot to be able to only ink the parts I wanted. ( You could use a marker) Make sure it is thoroughly dry before inking it with a bridal bliss so it does not run. I punched the 4 sided flower from itty bitty shapes punch set and added a pearl in the center in those and some of the stamped flowers as well.


The vase is the ornament punch turned upside down and trimmed in basic black. I brushed it with Illuminate top coat Smooch which makes it look like shimmer paper. so pretty.... I added a teeny piece of yuzen chiogami with a pink tone so I used it to accent the vase and a pretty little card with an Asian flare. it would make a loverly Mother's day card I thought.


Lynda

3 comments:

Stacie Ford said...

Lynda, I just wanted to pass on the Stylish Blogger Award to you. I really enjoy your blog. You can find out more about the award on my post dated 4/4/11 @ www.stampingwithstacie.blogspot.com

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

HI, I'd like to give you the Stylish Blogger Award - please visit my blog for details. www.thepaperstamper.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

What a stunning card, absolutely loved the colours and design. Beautiful. Sara B