Saturday, January 19, 2013

Victorian Dress Up

 I was gone for several weeks with no access to my stamping supplies so I took my catalogues and I sketched what I thought I wanted to do and this is one of those sketches come to life.  
I do have a thing for mannequin dies and stamps.  When I saw this die I really liked it and the sweet heart neck line dress die.  Not so sure about the stampset but as a bundle it was too good a deal to pass up so I bought the bundle anyway.  I love the die but I wanted a longer dress with a wedding dress /victorian dress feel so I diecut the dress in vanilla and then the bottom layer a bunch more times to the desired length, embossed the whole thing all at once with the lacy brocade embossing folder (although I did fussy emboss the bodice part to mimic a collar).  I diecut the mannequin just waist up since it was going to be hidden anyway in expresso.
This was one of the projects for the class I had and I just gave people a quarter sheet of vanilla cardstock and this is what it looked like after they were all done.

I put a small piece of 1/8 inch taffeta ribbon in vanilla and then added a piece of 5/8 inch vanilla flower trim and small pearl trim on the mannequin neck.
The dress seemed to get lost on the background when I did the pool party or some other color. So took pool party cardstock and die cut with apothecary accents and then pierced it with coordinating paper piercing pack, stamped the celebrate in expresso on the scrap piece of vanilla, then diecut using bitty banner framelet and slid it under the dress as shown.
Now that I am home, I just have to put the rest of my ideas into action. More to come....


No comments: