Saturday, March 1, 2014

Undefine Bird of Paradise

Living in California we see a lot of bird-of-paradise plants and it is such a distinctive looking plant I have been wanting a medium size stamp that would showcase it but never did find one that I liked so I carved one using the undefined stamp carving kit from Stampin' Up.  It went pretty quick and the kit comes with 1 big block and 4 small wooden blocks  to make multiple stamps as you like but my image was too big to fit one so I left it unmounted and used it with double sticky tape onto an acrylic block to temporarily hold it to stamp and it worked fine.


The base cardstock is Tangerine Tango that I embossed with the Arrows textured impressions EF on the right side only.  Took a piece of whisper white, inked up the stamp with Old Olive, Elegant eggplant and tangerine tango.  Wrapped the white CS with Gold Baker's twine and used dimensionals to mount it on the Old Olive piece that was stamped with sentiment from A Dozen Thoughts in Elegant Eggplant ink.

I corner rounded the 2 pieces to add a little less angulation to the card and another easy peasy card.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Bird of Paradise is my favorite flower! love that you made an undefined version of it. very nice!

love the card - TFS.

Jenny W