Sunday, October 18, 2015

Amazing Birthday


My kids came to me the day before their birthday and tells me that they need cupcakes for the next day for their class- by the time my oldest was in fifth grade they did not seem to do birthdays in classrooms but these guys are a little younger at heart and wanted to celebrate it with their classmates.  They wanted half chocolate and half vanilla so of course I had to make a run to the grocery store at 9 o'clock to get the supplies to make the cupcakes. 

With all the allergies in classes, I thought best to make it then buy - but it was really that they did not have enough in the store for both their classes!

So I got done around 2am making all the cupcakes and frosting it all but it just looked plain.  I needed something to jazz it up a bit but what to do- what to do.
Then Amazing Birthday set to the rescue-I  stamped little images of birthday cake in different colors then  these guys after they woke up in the morning punched it out  and we taped front and back together over a toothpick and it was super cute although it was super easy.  We did the whole thing in less than 30 minutes and they were very pleased with what they took to school for everyone.
Thank the Lord that I had these aluminum pans from some catering event a while back- they were perfect for 26 cupcakes- stable and tall enough for them to carry each batch to their classroom.  Whew!  Crisis averted.....

No comments: