Monday, October 26, 2015

Paper Pumpkin October 2015


I am not sure if it is the weather or my crazy busy life but I have been feeling so burnt out and tired and feel like I barely have enough energy to get to work and to what needs to be done. I have had several deaths of close friends and just felt drained and not motivated to do anything creative.  Then my little hot pink box arrived and what was inside?  I was expecting Thanksgiving, Christmas - something holiday but no, it was a pretty colored cards for breast cancer awareness and the colors just lifted my spirits immediately and I wanted to work on it. 
So when I got with the laundary and vacuuming the house (which will stay clean for all of 30 minutes- until the boys come back from their Halloween costume shopping trip-  I sat down to play and this is what I came up with.  I really wanted to stick to the supplies in the box but I did use rhinestones and ink.

I cut up one of the watercolored panels to use on all 3 cardfronts. 
I cut little pieces and stamped the flower on one of the panels before mounting it on the little card.
 I stamped the flowers in Crushed Curry then used a little  Aqua brush with Watermelon ink to add a tad of color before adding a rhinestone.  The little bit of flower is stamped on a little left over piece of the colored paper that was left over after making all 3 cards.
This is my favorite of all three.  I like the colors and the flower was cut out after stamping on the colored paper from above.  Very CAS.  Maybe I am getting my mojo back.....

No comments: