Saturday, May 27, 2017

Beautiful You Memory of a Cartwheel


Eons ago in junior high school I was a cheerleader and I remember learning to do cartwheels- I was never one for athletics- more the brain type but it was really fun until I broke my leg running across the football field- oh, well.   I looked at this stamp and wondered if I could make it look like that was what she was doing and tried several different ways to make it work and this is what came out.  The base card is 8 1/2 x 7 1/3 folded in half to 8 1/2 x 3 2/3 (basically a 1/3 of 11 inches)  It will fit into a business size envelope.  Stamped a mask of the girl first and cut it out. then stamped her from the right to the left, masking each image before the next stamping. It's just one layer clean and simple. Colored it in using Berry Burst, Crumbcake and Pool party as shown and did the cloud with a scallop circle mask although hard to see here.  I cut out a mask to sponge in the beach to make it look like she was doing it at the beach.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

Pixordia said...

You are so creative. Well done.
Love this idea.

Vicki said...

this card is great. Very creative. I just ordered this stamp and will try this out.