Monday, May 15, 2017

The Horse Frontier birthday with wooden crate for Gabrielle

My sister's stepdaughter had birthday and is an avid rider. When I got the wooden crate die and one of the panels looked like it could be a wall in the barn so I thought I would use it.  The base card is variation on the one I use for pop up box card.
Take a 4 1/2 x 11 inch Cherry Cobbler CS here and score it at 1/2", 2 1/2", 5 3/4", 7 3/4" (here from the left).  Score 1 3/4 " across from the bottom.  Cut away the top part except for the last panel which will become the back of the barn to decorate.
THis is what it looks like from the top.  I took a 3x3 sheet of DSP from the same wood pack - the one that looks like white washed wood.  Decorated it with birthday diecuts colored in with melon mambo, tangerin tango, daffodil delight, wisteria wonder and pool party markers.  (not sure on the make of the dies though, sorry)

The horse is from the Horse Frontier set from eons ago fussy cut and attached using a 4 3/4 strip scored 1/2 inch on both sides and attached as shown.  The pocket behind the horse if for the little $$ I slip in.
Attach the little horseshoe from the same set colored  with smoky slate on the front.

The pile of hay and the water trough is from MFT the Whole Herd set mounted with dimensionals.
you can flatten it one direction or another to mail it.  The horse is so realistic- I hope Gabs loves it!



1 comment:

Chi said...

Did you send this to us?