Sunday, October 25, 2020

Fall Updates


I have a hoard- and I mean a HOARD of cards from years past - some were swaps I made, some fronts only swaps, some were ATC's and not ready for sending out to people but still.....   So I brought them all down from top of my bookshelves with the intention that i will use it to make a full card or something more usable to someone.  So this is an example of such card- the base was solid but the center image was somewhat lackluster so I stamped this jack o' lantern from Everything Essential set from the Fall Winter catalog 2020-2021 and it just brightens the whole card and updates it and now I would be proud to send it out- and I did!


I got a cardfront as a swap that had this pumpkin and the acorn strip which was super cute but it was a bit plain.  I embossed the base mustard cardstock with the Meadow Moments embossing folder along the top ( sorry that it is hard to see) .  I then punched the pumpkin accent with the Rectangular Postage Stamp pumch.   With the large sentiment form Country Home set stamped in black and the acorns and leaves from Beautiful Autumn - with the coordinating punches- which I Love Love Love! it makes embellishing this card and bringing it up a notch super easy. So I took these updated cards and some other cards I've made to my office with a bunch of envelopes and asked my staff  to take the cards with promise to send it to people and they were practically all gone by the end of the day which makes me very happy that these cards will make it home to some happy receiver instead of sitting in a box collecting dust on top of my shelves!
 Taking something old and trying to make it new again with what I have - it is totally fun and great brain exercise!  Try it for yourself.  Hugs, Lynda





 

No comments: