Friday, October 28, 2022

Happy Halloween - Cottage Wreath and nail art striping tape

this was one of the sample cards I made during my demo in September Stampin' with Lynda

Basecard us black with a layer of whisper white cardstock. - stamp the cottage wreath in basic gray and stamp the spiders around the wreath in Memento black. stamp a spider dangling from the wreath and then stamp the sentiment to the right. Draw a black line using the black marker from the wreath.

Tie the bakers twine- this from the Fan bakers twine set. 

I like a little metallic shine and I had used Silver and gold border stickers sheets from my local scrapbook store in the past  but I have not seen them now for eons- ( I think I have 1/2 a sheet of the gold one left in my stash) they used to have images of butterflies, asian vases for example as well and I think they used fine powders to color them in with the adhesive-  so I was looking for an alternate - and found this silver nail art striping tape for really cheap- the only thing is that they are really thin so you have to hold onto 

them using tweezers and straighten it out to apply it to the card but it adds such pretty shine for cost of almost nothing. - less bulky than adding another layer of shiny silver cardstock - it would be fine if I was adding a good thick layer but I just wanted a sliver of a line - it comes in so many pretty colors and pretty inexpensive- you may want to try it out.  

No comments: