Sunday, January 1, 2023

Happy New Year



Time got away from me and all my plans to get my Christmas cards out before Christmas did not come to fruition- I got many out but then Christmas was over and I still had a bunch of cards I had to make to get out so I decided to convert them into New Year's cards so it would be appropriate for the timing. 

see the December 25th post for details on the base popup and the building dies.  

Happy New Year sentiment from Brightest Glow stampset

The fireworks are from MFT stamps fireworks set except for the one that pops out over the top which is from Stampin' Up's July Fourth set retired many moons ago that I still kept - embossed with detail white embossing powder and the with gold embossing powder.

The snowman was from the stampin Up Hearts come home stampset and die (retired) and I colored his hat and eyes and buttons with basic black marker and flirty flamingo for the nose- the Many Marvelous Markers are water based and have a brush o one side and such a fine tip on the other side that it worked beautifully for the detail work that this snowman needed.
The houses and buildings are exactly the same as my Christmas card.

Shout out for the Snowfall Accents Puffy paint from Stampin' Up to add snow accents to the buildings and to the card- I bought so many bottles and they were on sale to boot- hopefully theywill bring it back for the next year holiday season - but ended up using only one bottle for all of my 100 cards which is amazing!

I did sprinkle on the  Stampin Up dazzling diamonds glitter (retired) after I applied the Snowfall accents before I heated it up and it made it hard and dry and it was fantastically 

beautiful-  so this is a technique I will certainly use in the future for Winter cards to come.  Happy New Year everybody!

 

No comments: