Friday, January 1, 2010

Abundant Hope for the New Year

Happy New Year everyone!

I took on the Splitcoast Stampers challenge incorporating the CC251, SC260 and WT250 challenge. The color challenge was for barely banana, dusty durango and basic grey with a neutral - I used whisper white. The sketch challenge is as shown. and the WT was to use a background stamp.

I used basic grey as base card with barely banana on top with Bella Toile in Versamark to creaste a subtle background. I used the same stamp in barely banana ink to create the pattern in the small box to the left below the durango bar. The dusty durango piece was scored and pierced with paper piercer between the 2 scored lines.


The flowers were stamped in black then colored in with barely banana, then accented with crushed curry and dusty durango markers then cut out and offset with dimensionals to make it pop out a bit. I cut out an extra flower to make the accent on the oval itself as shown.


You can see the details of the 2 different inks with the same color cardstock- one with versamark on the background and the barely banana on the cardstock. I wanted to use a designer paper for the accent piece and realized that I did not have one in barely banana so her is how I made do. But I thought it was still very pretty. That's why the background stamp is so great - you can make your own color matched background paper in the pattern of your choice!
Here is the final card and it is simple yet oh so pretty.
Hoping for Peace throughout the world for the New Year.....
Lynda



No comments: