Friday, February 26, 2010

Eyelet punched flower

I am ready for some flowers aren't you? I saw my little white snowdrops blooming outside and my daffodils and hyacinths are starting to bloom in my back yard.

I am planning a workshop next month I am dubbing Blooming March for all the different flower making technique we will be playing with. This is a card made with a flower making technique that was shown at SU leadership this year that people made at my February workshop.

Base is so saffron- with the fold at the top- embossed with the perfect polka dots embossing folder. Mount a strip of melon mambo and strip of celery on top sentiment stamped with basic gray. The flower is made with 2 strips of 1x 12 inch strips of melon mambo designer paper, border punched with eyelet border punch and crinkled using the crimper to create the gather. Take a small piece of sticky paper and adhere the strips in a gather- non punched end onto the tape- starting at about 1 1/4" size in a circular pattern moving into the center until you run out of paper- it will give you about 3 layers. pierce a hole inthe center and secure a pretty in pink brad in center and layer the whole thing onto the card and you are all done! If you want a smaller flower slide the paper all the way in into the punch- if you want a larger flower like this one shown, slide the paper into the edge of the punch- I hope this makes sense- I can do a tutorial if it does not make sense.

Lynda

1 comment:

Girl can Knit - Cherry Lane Knit Stamp Quilt said...

Thank you Lynda for leaving such a nice comment on my blog. I love your flower on this card! It is just perfect! i am going to HAVE to CASE it! :D

hugs!