Saturday, July 14, 2012

Papillon Potpourri

When I saw the butterfly punch I knew I was going to get this set but funny thing was, after I got my new catalogue, I had things I wanted and right after that I got my holiday catalogue where I wanted EVERYTHING! and I somehow became frozen and unable to think about what I wanted to stamp- It must be like when my computer sorts of freezes when I have too many apps open and I have to re-boot it.  I had my stamping party to prepare and I had to come up with card ideas for the party and I had to focus on what I wanted to show my friends and that kick started me.  You ever have that happen to you?   So many of my friends that come think I do my parties for them - but you know? I think it is more for ME- With my crazy busy schedule working full time and trying to take care of three growing boys and a hubby, I don't know that I would ever have time to stamp for  myself - but having these parties that are set in the books forces me to take that time for myself and as pressured as I feel sometimes preparing for it, I find that it brings out the creative in me and I love it!  So if you lose
your mojo, try a challenge- Splitcoast has one almost daily and there are loads of others on line and give youself an hour to fulfill it.  It has usually worked for me to break me out of my funk.This is a challenge card for me to case something from the catalogue - I saw an address book cover on page 114 of the main catalogue and loved it but wanted to make a card with it but did not have the DSP so this is a quickie card version of it.  Take whisper white CS base.  Take a daffodil delight CS and use Finishing Touches Edgelit to create the borders.  Stamp the flowery butterfly using versamark and heat emboss using white Embossin powder twice as shown.  Diecut the Delicate Doilies Sizzlets using Crumbcake CS.  Stamp the butterflies in Melon Mambo.
Punch out the big butterfly and scissor cut the little butterfly and mount using dimensionals in the center so the wings are free. (cut the dimensionals in half to fit) The card is dramatic but pretty simple to make.  Easily demo-able card.
                                                                   

1 comment:

Kathynruss said...

I really like how you punched out one butterfly and layered a smaller, fussy cut one, on top of it. TYFS