Sunday, December 30, 2012

My Sweet stitches gift exchange


I am in love with the Sweet Stitches button fabric.  I bought a bunch when they originally came out with it because I thought it was so sweet- love the color combo and when it hit the clearance, I bought some more.  Where else can you buy 3 fat quarter pieces for 99cents?  Even at Joanne's it usually goes for no less than $1 each!   Anyway I found some tutorials on scissor holders so I had to make one of course.  I used the petite cone but I am told you can also use the Dresden Designs bigz die to cut the fabrics-
I found the instructions here: http://goinovertheedge.blogspot.com/2012/08/fabulous-comfort-cafe-fabric-holders.html although I had to tweak it of course- I do like a well padded  scissor holder and I did not like seams showing so I stitched the top round  turned it right side out, put all four layers together (with the batting between each of the layers) and stitched a scant 1/4 inch and turned it inside out then used some ribbon and button to sew down the flap-  It was pretty easy but I would advised you to sew the button on, don't glue it- I do think it is worth the effort.  It fits the SU paper snips perfectly!  I gave this away with a bag I made all rolled up.  Isn't it sweet?  I will tell you of my trials making the bag on tomorrow's post. 

No comments: