Saturday, May 29, 2010

Out of the box- Elements of Style CASE


Lisa Young made a card where she used only part of the flower image from Elements of Style and I thought it was lovely. Here is my CASE. The base card was embossed only in the front using the new Square lattice embossing folder from stampin up' summer mini catalogue.
I stamped the elements of style flower with basic black inkpad then colored it in using aqua painter using the lids of the inkpads to color in the flowers- I used lovely lilac, lavender and almost amethyst and the leaves were colored using gable green (ALL OF WHICH ARE RETIRING AS OF END OF NEXT MONTH!!!) and old olive classic inkpad. ( I love these blue purples so I am trying to decide how many refills and cardstock I need to reorder.....)
I then stamped one of the sentiment from Define your life set and then cut the image out using my cutter to square it up best I can. After I set up the corners then I used scissors to cut out the image outside the box. The whole thing is layered on a black CS smidgen bigger to set it off and added 3 small Ice circle rhinestone brad to finish it off.
I think I will try this white on white and see how it looks next! Thanks Lisa for the inspiration.
Lynda

No comments: