Thursday, June 24, 2010

Because I care hydrangea

I love hydrangeas. I love the deep blue violet ones especially but have never been able to grow them well. When I moved into our current home, it came with a hydrangea plant in the front patio area that is rather spindly rather than lush and I had often contemplated removing it and planting something else but every year it produces this melon mambo pretty in pink color flowers with white edges that is just lovely and I just keep thinking, if I prune it right maybe next year, it will do better......



When I saw this because I care set (level 1 hostess in the new Catalog that I got for free I wanted to recreate this flower. I also loved the color challenge on SCS with apricot, amethyst and soft suede and decided to use it again for this vintage looking card.

The sketch is also from SCS -SC286 found here http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=495789.



I used soft suede as base, ran it through the polka dot embossing folder, ran some vanilla craft inkpad to make the dots stand out some more and edged to look a little worn. then I stamped the border image from the same set in suede, and again sponged it in suede and distressed the edges. I ran the smethyst piece in square lattice folder and distressed that as well. Then tied the new 1/8 inche daffodil ribbon (I just LOVE the white piping edge ). The hydrangea was stamped in black on whisper white and colored in with suede, olive, pretty in pink and melon mambo with blender pen on the inkpad lid technique. Put a little glitter with spica gel pen in each of the flower centers- Not really visible here though, sigh.



This is my real hydrangea- is she not lovely?

1 comment:

Vicki Burdick said...

Gorgeous card and gorgeous flower, you are right not to remove it!!