Saturday, August 7, 2010
fifth avenue floral variation
So the truth is I had extra pieces but ran out of the DSP I was using at the end. But the funny thing was that I started this with the DSP on the side and noted that one of the flowers on the DSP had this stamen thing in the center that looked like this flower and that's how the cog started turning to use this set.
Stamped the background with Fifth ave floral in poppy onto poppy- You could use versamark as well- using the big rose image. Stamped the sentiment in poppy then embossed the flower using versamark twice on the center piece and another time on a extra piece of whisper white I used aqua pen to get the image wet then used the lids of the inkpads, daffocil and poppy to grab some color with it to water color the images. The stem on the piece on the bottom flower is from the big bird punch with pear pizazz CS. Without it the flower was not grounded and did not look finished.
Overall a very simple but pretty card. If I had to I think I would have used the shimmer white which takes on the watercolor better but hey I was just trying to use up the pieces I cut for the workshop so all in all, not a bad looking card. Have a nice weekend!