Sunday, August 22, 2010

Versamarked French Foliage


As a mom, wife and doctor there is very little time left at the end of the day to much for myself. I try to sneak 10minutes here and there and in the mornings I try to wake up earlier to get 30 minute to make a card I dreamt of, take a picture and then post it before my kids get up and I have to start my day of work but some days I am too exhausted to do anything creative. But yesterday my girlfriend Makani called to say can I come over and play? So I gave myself permission to quit the work I was forcing myself to do and just play and it was SO MUCH FUN. I've been wanting to play with my french foliage set (in the holiday mini available September 1 ) and the challenge on splitcoast WT284 was to play with versamark so here is the card. Makani brought over a diecut metal from Spellbinder brooch die and the little metal piece was the left over from the center so I wanted to use it- waste not want not. I stamped it with a little leaf from autumn days in stazon then went over it with a dried up ink pen to emboss it a bit because it was hard to see the stamped image. Punched little holes on either side with my cropadile and ran a vanilla satin ribbon through it. The leaves were stamped in versamark and then using popping pastel technique rubbed it with stampin pastels with daubers to create a very soft impression with olive, rust and river rock onto white CS. The whole thing was mounted on river rock cs and it was a very soft lovely card. OK twist my arm, please can we play again sometime soon?
I want you to give yourself all a break and do something fun today! No laundry, no cleaning, no paperwork!
Lynda

1 comment:

jimlynn said...

This is just GORGEOUS~~~So very pretty.
Lynn