Sunday, August 1, 2010

Owl Week?- Not! It's a Penguin



Ok so this is not an owl- but it did start out with the owl punch. The base card is Bliss blue with Bliss Blue DSP on the top and behind the right side scallop border punched edge. Added tiny crystal jewels.


I took a whisper white CS and used sponge to add some marina mist ink to make it look like snow capped mountains. The north pole, the ice float, the hat and the fishing pole is from a retired SU set Cold and cuddly- I cut the ice, the northpole sign and the hat out after stamping. the fishing pole was stamped after I assembled everything and paper pieced a red CS to make the present stick out. To make the penguin, punch it out in black, white and pumpkin pie and piece it as shown. The sentiment is from amuse heat embossed with white EP. Tied the tafetta blue ribbon to accent the side even more.
I am having so much fun with this punch- would you believe I have more ideas still? It just takes the time to take it from my sketch to the actual card- if only I could do this for a living....
maybe I should tell you my ideas and challenge people to make the owls - would anyone be up for this? Thanks for visiting!
Lynda

4 comments:

Marisa said...

Your owl week creations have been a hoot! Sorry, had to say that. The pirate owl was my favorite and you were so creative with all the components of that card. The Owlguin is great too!

Margie said...

I am absolutely loving all your owl creations. Thank you for sharing your ideas.

Patti said...

Your owls have been great! Love them!

Carol Ric said...

Super cute! Love the use of the owl.