Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Monster Bash Ghoul Friends


This is a thank you card I designed for my friends who placed an order with me in September.

Took a base of basic black card with strips of Calypso Coral . Embossed the calypso coral cardstock with the Stylish Scroll Embossing Folder (in the 2019 Holiday catalog - page 53) hard to see in the catalog but beautiful nevertheless. 

Use the Ornate Frames Dies to diecut the big scroll.  I stamped the sentiment in black and diecut using the piece from the same Ornate Frames Dies set (fabulous set of dies- my
 favorite die of the whole catalog) - I would definitely use the steel plate or a chrome plate to get the details cut well - run it through 2-3 times- it's better to do that than to try to pick out little pieces later- but it cuts  beautifully and layers perfectly. 
I stamped the images with Tuxedo Black Memento pad and colored it in with Smoky slate, poppy parade, and light Granny apple blends.

I wish there was another character image- I like things in odd numbers - although the two looking at each other is really sweet but I would have liked a Frankenstein or a wich image in the stamping set. 

I just stamped the jars and cut them out and mounted them with dimensionals. 

I did add a rhinestone that I colored using a basic black  blend marker to add a little dimension after I colored the spider's body black.

Sometimes that little something adds what it needs to make the card.

Enjoy!

No comments: