Friday, November 27, 2009

Ornament Punch Leaf Lines card

I have idled away happily many an hour visiting many friends' blogs.
One of my favorite blogs to visit is Sandi MacIver's. This is one of her cases and have to tell you that when I first saw this stamp set Leaf Lines in the SU catalogue I thought ho hum but after I saw her card I had to have it.
Real red CS is embossed using the finial press embossing folder. I layered it with a old olive cardstock then whisper white. I stamped whisper white CS with the holly from Leaf Lines and sentiment from All Holidays image using old olive stamp and used the blender pen to color in the leaves and real red marker for the berries.
I wrapped double stitched red grosgrain ribbon around the red cardstock and used the "legs" of the brad to gather the ribbon and poke a hole in the cardstock to set the brad.
The whole thing is mounted on a whisper white cardstock folded the long way (to hide the brad/ribbon back and to have a white surface to write on inside). The ornament is punched out of real red CS then embossed the holly image in gold. I used bleach in a aqua painter to paint in the leaves to bleach out some red color (otherwise the leaves look muddy with the green color on the red CS) then colored it in with olive and red marker. Mount the ornament punch accent using a dimensional. This is so far my favorite card using this punch!
Counting down to Christmas....29 days!
Lynda

No comments: