Saturday, April 24, 2010

frost white shimmered fancy flower card


This is a very simple card I had at my workshop to show how simple it is to use the frost white shimmer paint. You know me- can't stand to make too much of a mess- I get enough of that from my three active boys-
Take a whisper white CS and stamp the small flowers and stem on the top using so saffron. I did not even stamp off to make the flowers, I just stamped it straight and it still looked fine. Take Sahara Sand CS strip and run through big shot using perfect polka dot folder ( I can't get away from this folder- I love it so )



The accent flower piece is made by inking the solid flower image with the So saffron classic pad and then BEFORE you stamp, take a dauber, take the frost white paint, shake it up then take the lid and dab a little bit of paint off the LID using the dauber and using the dauber to dab some shimmer directly onto the rubber with the saffron color underneath it to add a subtle shimmer then stamp on the whisper white cardstock. Stamp the outline with so saffron as usual and cut the flower out.



The ribbon is a stay put ribbon, punch a hole where you want the ribbon to come out and tie it- the ribbon will not move, no need to glue it in place and you use less ribbon to boot!


Mount the flower with dimensionals. It is a subtle card and it is hard to see the shimmer here but I thought it was lovely.
I like this technique because you don't have all the little pans of color laying about and you can make ANY color pad into a shimmer pad with no mess. Make sure to wash off the stamp between inking to not contaminate your classic pads though- I used a baby wipe in my class between inkings and it worked great. The daubers can be rinsed off to use with another color as well.
Lynda

No comments: