Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tyler's Lego Thank you


This is a simple Lego thank you card I made for Tyler- He wants them now in orange, green galore and brilliant blue- all the colors that are retiring- I guess I am going to have to order a bunch more- the twins wants their own after seeing this.
This is pretty straight forward- I started using the 1 3/8 inch square punch then trimmed it down to 3/4 inches to make 2 rectangles. The circles are made with 1/4 inch circle punch.
I tried different ways to add the dots but the easiest was to put mono multi glue in 8 dots as shown then add the circle using tweezers and to dab lightly and position them - I eyeballed them and that was just fine-



This is what it should look like- the card stock add just enough shadow to look 3 D.


I added half of a dimensional on each side to lift it up and make it look like a low profile Lego.

It raises it up just enough to make it look like a Lego. I may have to make a Lego stamp if they don't come out with one. Maybe some company will look at this and take me up on it?
Thank you sentiment is from the retired Take Three Set.
This was made with real red on Yoyo yellow- but it would be pretty on Green Galore, Brilliant Blue or Only orange given their bright colors and match to the Lego blocks.
Lynda


2 comments:

Sheila Bennett said...

Your 'lego' looks great! Thanks for sharing your fabulous idea. :)

Michelle Tech said...

Oh goodness, this is awesome! My little guy's 7th birthday is next week and I was looking for a good idea! Thank you so much!