Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Flower Fest on a Fence

I was dropping off an order at someone's house and as I was backing out, I saw this little fence with red geraniums peeking through and I thought I've got to make a card that reminds me of this.





I admit when I first saw this set I thought this set was too "crayon" but the matching punches was just too irresistable, and I have seen some examples that looked elegant and gave in. This is a sample I made to play with the idea of the fence- using 1/2 inch left over white strips that I put into the pennant punch to make consistent triangle tips.


The clouds were punched from the cupcake punch. The butterfly was embossed white onto saffron and punched with little pearl jewels. The flowers were poppy embossed with white and then daubered in the center to add some dimension. punched with circle punch then scissor cut closer.












Sentiment from Heard from the Heart set was also embossed with white
onto the bashful blue base cardstock.






Happiness is not getting what you want but wanting what you already have.... if this would only be true with my stamping habit...






Lynda

2 comments:

Kathynruss said...

I always forget how effective white embossing is until I see something as cute as this. TYFS

Julie said...

I thought the same thing when I first saw this set. Now I love it - CUTE card, by the way!