Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Fourth of July!



This was a challenge card that I did for splitcoast few weeks ago for CC328 and SC338. I dreamt about the card and how I wanted to do it and it came out exactly how I envisioned it (that rarely happens though...)

Basecard is crumcake with cherry cobbler layered on top stamped with Open Sea with versamarked. Next the layer of navy cut with circle cutter and the rest cut with the a straight edge and a smaller version in white.


After swishing a embossing buddy over it, I used versamark to heat emboss the patriots (Rubber Monger). I then stamped the flag (Ann-ticipations) with cherry and blocked it to stamp the lady liberty(Stamp in Hand). I used the dauber to add some more navy and crumbcake, distressed the edges to add more old world charm, added a star brad (stampin' Up -retired) to finish it out.


Thank heaven for all the brave men and women out there that make possible our freedom and way of life! possible today!


Lynda

1 comment:

Chris said...

WOW_ that looks amazing!