Monday, June 27, 2011

Double embossed Notably Ornate CASE




The stampin success magazine had a double embossed card whose colors I loved so I CASE'd it for my embossing workshop. The base card was pear pizazz with a razzleberry layer. The top layer was vanilla stamped using River Rock with the Notably Ornate stampset. the bottom was Newprint DSP that was double embossed. Using the Vintage Wallpaper EF, ink the SU logo printed side( on the inside) with versamark the emboss it using the big shot. Use black embossing powder and heat emboss it. I wrapped the pear pizazz stitched poly ribbon - put it through a hole and spread it out and taped it to minimize bulk. the flower is Fancy flower punched out 3 times with razzleberry, wet it well then crumple it. The center is the Boho blossom in black and the smallest paper daisies pierced and held with a black brad.




Most of this came out of not having the exact stuff they used to make their sample. But I guess that's where creativity and resourcefulness comes into play. I think some of my best work comes from just not having the stuff I thought I wanted and trying something different and have it work out - some times for the better- or at least I think so.




There are no mistakes in crafting- just creative opportunities!




Lynda











No comments: