Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Flower Garden embossed - a little more complicated





I had this little card in my mind but making it was a little more difficult. The idea was to put a piece of cardstock with the embossing folder going all around it except it did not fit through the big shot at the angles I needed to use it. I have never considered buying the Pro version for the REALLY big dies but I could see how it could be used for exactly this purpose since the width is wide enough to allow for all sorts of contortions I was trying to do but until SOME day when I will have the space enough to have one of those at home, I embossed one image on the white CS and embossed 3 other pieces of white cardstock that I ran through the embossing folder and colored using the aqua painter and the stamppad lids from saffron, eggplant and wasabi and then - yikes- yes cut them out - and used the multimono glue to glue it down. Hard to tell it was cut and I love the effect but it was a bit of work. It still looked pretty I thought. After stamping the sentiment in Eggplant, I layered the cardstock on eggplant then onto so saffron basecard.


2 comments:

Kathynruss said...

I looove fussy cutting and see how it would work well with this card. TYFS

Marian said...

Beautiful!