Wednesday, December 21, 2022

25 Days of Christmas- free standing shopping bag using same template as pop up





 
For a free standing bag you can make it one of two sizes.

Use the template for the pop up bag but turn it upside down (be mindful for the pattern on the DSP)   
Do not cut out the panels but just make vertical cuts.
the dimension is 4 x 12  NOT 6x12 - unless you want to make a 4 1/2 inch tall bag then you can use 6 x 12.

The top part of the pop up will make the base of the bag and you turn in the bottom part of the template to make the top of the bag.

I took 2 strips of 1/4 inch expresso cardstock here and ran my fingers through it to create a soft curve and attached it using glue dots to create the handle.  Added a little piece of tissue paper- I cut up the ones I get from Paper pumpkins into thirds for this.  I rolled some crisp money for my kieds so this is how they got their cash  but it will also fit a gift card or a small trinket.  The finished bad is 2 1/2 x 4 1/4 using the 4x12 inch DSP



No comments: