Sunday, December 25, 2022

25 Days of Christmas- Merry Christmas

 


Merry Christmas!  This is my Christmas card from this year.  My nurse Mary Lou had given me birthday cards with this mechanism in the past and I even took one apart to try to reproduce it but Lawn Fawn came out with a metal die A2 version which just made it so convenient to make all the cards I needed.
Base of card is thick white cardstock because I wanted it to be really sturdy . Diecut all the pieces- you need 2 base pieces to make the front and back piece and 2 of the T pieces for the popups to be glued to. I bought the extra piece to make the backdrop which I diecut in Dapper Denim cardstock (retired stampin' Up). 

The sentiment is from Peaceful Deer stamped in real Red and Tuxedo Black memento inks

The Moon was punched using the 1 3/8 inch circle punch from stampin' Up and stamped using the background stamp from Perched in a Tree using Smoky Slate to create some texture of the moon. 

The santa and reindeer was diecut using a coverplate die that had santa and reindeer on the top of the plate and I just diecut this part- not sure who makes it- I took it out of the packet and I can't remember which company  (My apologies)  mounted with dimensionals

I chose Dapper denim as the background color as when I tired Night of navy my DH complained it was hard to tell what was flyin across the sky - 

I used Stampendous chunky white embossing powder- you have to heat it from below to make the starry sky - I used the Glimmer Heat foil system as a heating base for it which was perfect.


The house and trees  diecuts are bring home the holidays set from PTI. - hardest part was taking out all the chads from the windows....  

The little snowman and the tree to his right is an old Stampin Up Village die that I cutand colored with black pen and flamingo marker fine tip for the nose .

I used the Snowfall Accents puff paint to make the snow- but sprinkled the dazzling diamonds glitter right after I applied the puff paint and heat set it and it makes it like candy coating hard which I really like- and not as puffy and bubbly -  I bought a bunch of these thinking I would use it for all my cards and even though I made almost a 100 cards I barely used up one bottle - they were on sale so i bought a bunch - I will now have enough for the next 10 years I think of puffy snow to use.  Put a strip on the side to add a little glittery accent.

No comments: