Monday, October 8, 2012

Field Flowers with Apothecary Accents leftover


When I made the Toxic Treats card for yesterday's project diecutting the Lucky Limeade paper, I made a point of centering it on a folded A2 card (it's not like I could have cut 3 out of a half a sheet of paper so if I was only going to get 2 out of a half sheet of paper it made sense that I could actually "use the negative".   I pierced the borders using the piercing template.
 Whenever I think about a card, I usually do a dry run with a left over copy paper folded into quarters and check out the proportions and colors before I actually make a piece which saves lots of good paper and frustrations.    So that's what I did here.  Used the color coach to get compatble color ideas (here Daffodil and Marina Mist.
Test out the colors and layout and if you like it then stamp it on a good piece of whisper white about 1/8 inch smaller all around.  After stamping it the way I wanted using Field Flowers, I mounted dimensionals on the front as shown and mount it behind the Lucky Limeade basecard opening.  A real simple card using the left over piece from another project.  Recycling at it's best! 
 

No comments: