Sunday, October 7, 2012

Toxic Treats with eggplant taffeta ribbon?


I ordered this set on my first order from the new holiday catalogue. I loved the images that would make some really sophisticated cards and gifts- but as days went on, it just sat on my desk, waiting to be used.  Well, there is no better inspiration than  not wanting to study so I have happily wasted this morning making cards that have been floating around in my head for the last few weeks.

For the Witch center, stampt the witch image with versamark on glossy white CS then emboss with black EP then heat set.  Use a Post-it note and punch a hole and use a dauber to color iin the moon in pumpkin pie as shown through the hole.
Then cover the moon that has been colored with the circle that you punched out and colored the outside with elegant eggplant using a dauber as shown.
I wanted a matching taffeta ribbon but Stampin' Up does not sell one in that color. No Problem!  I know there are tutorials on using reinkers and a plastic container and dipping the ribbon and letting dry blah blah blah-  too messy for me.  Just use the same dauber to color the white taffeta ribbon as shown (make sure you color in both sides of the ribbon)  and Voila!  Eggplant taffeta ribbon in no time flat- no drying time, no nothing. Easy peasy the way I like it.)
I also wanted to layer the black apothecary accent framelet diecut piece behind the lime but I had to cut it as shown to the left to make an evenly  layered piece.  I did stamp the spider web from Wicked Cool and spider from Out on a Limb(retired SU) to add that "little something extra". All in all a fun little card.  Drats, I have to get back to my studies......


No comments: