Saturday, April 14, 2012

Faux Crocodile Petite Purses

I have been really happy playing with the summer smooches suite that I got especially this little Petite Purse Bigshot Die. I mean- what's not to love?
Grant you I have only boys and no one in my whole family seems to share this little joy of mine but look at it! Is it not the most stinking cutest thing you've ever seen? I guess I am in my little happy bubble and it just makes me smile every time I look at it- so I look at it A LOT!

Anyhow, a while back one of my friend demonstrator had shown me how to do a faux crocodile technique and I thought it would be PERFECT for this and I think it works!

I used chocolate chip CS on this wone with gold brads and punched 5/8 inch circles and embossed those too and added little gold brads through the bottom to make this one- bit of a pain in the butt to add the brads on the bottom and to versamark this one (It words best to use the versamarker to ink it up after to glue the piece on the corner otherwise the embossed circle gets all cracked and ugly. Certainly not a demo or make and take project!)
This is one using the Pacific Point CS. I decked it out with some silver chain that my friend Margery gave me a while back as well as the Ice circle brads (retired SU). It is so faux Chanel!
This is the back of the purse.


This works with any color cardstock so use whatever color you have on hand. This is using Cherry Cobbler and gold brads.
It is really easy technique to master. This is how I did it.
Diecut your Petite Purse in any colorstock of your choice.




Versamark the area you want to have the faux crocodile. You could use the versamark pen or dab the area on the pad like this if it is a big area.
This is what it looks like.
Put clear embossing powder over the versamarked area.
Scratch a design like a crocodile- free form, using a scoring tool, a toothpick or a old dried up pen. Toss the clumped embossing powder that forms on top - do not put it back into the clean powder. Heat set it as shown.
It words for all color cardstock beautifully so try it out!
Lynda

6 comments:

Marisa said...

These are so stinkin' cute Lynda! Thanks for posting them.

Becky Green said...

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL JOB you've done!!!!!! Thanks for showing us!!!! :)

Ms said...

absolutely darling..... I love the chain handle and the brads holding the other handle. very very creative, thank you for sharing...

Konnie with a K said...

Well...I know what I will be doing when I get home. Do you by chance have the Sizzix suitcase die? I was going to ask for some tips because my die is not scoring. These are adorable!!!

Bandon, Oregon said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! Thank You so MUCH for sharing... So, So WONDERFUL and YES... Stinkin' Cute!!!!

Faith

Jen Timko said...

These are fantastic! Thanks for the pics on how-to!